Advertisement

Advertisement
THE MORNING SHOW | Presented by AppleTV+ The News Is Only Half The Story. | 8 Emmy Award Nominations

Sunday, June 7, 2015

[NEWS] 40, Fabulous, and Fertile: Jennifer Wants to Be a Mom in Her 40's

The 46-year old actress has been longing for motherhood since the start of her career, and Jennifer's mind hasn't changed since. She's been quoted during multiple different interviews at multiple different times in her career, and her answer has always been, "I want to be a mom." It's one thing to play a mother on the big screen; which Jennifer has done: (1998) The Object of My Affection, (1999) The Iron Giant, (2008) Marley & Me, (2010) The Switch, (2011) Just Go with It, but it's a whole other ballgame when you're a mom in real life.

She has stated her feelings of starting a family in an earlier interview with Hollywood Reporter back in January of 2015, "Listen," she said, "that's a topic that's so exhausted. I get nervous around that just because it's very personal. Who knows if it's going to happen? It's been a want. We're [herself and her fiance screenwriter/actor Justin Theroux] doing our best," she admitted.

She's been quoted in another earlier interview with Vanity Fair magazine back in September of 2005 stating, "I NEVER in my life said, 'I don't want to have children'. I DID, and I DO, and I Will! The women that inspire me the most are the ones who have careers and children; why would I want to limit myself? I've always wanted to have children, I would NEVER give up that experience for a career. I want to have it all."

Whether it's a case of art imitating life or the other way around, the over-40 baby boom shows no signs of stopping. Check out which celebrity women haven't let their biological clocks get in the way of important family business.

Here are some other celebrity woman who've become mothers in their 40's:

Gwen Stefani
Gwen was 44-years old when she and husband musician/actor Gavin Rossdale welcomed Apollo Bowie Flynn Rossdale, in February 18, 2014 to her growing brood of boys.

Halle Berry
Halle was 41-years old when she had her first child, daughter Nahla Ariel Aubry, in March 2008. Contrary to the difficulties so-called older mothers cope with during pregnancy, Berry told Harper BAZAAR magazine, "My pregnancy was amazing. I was happy that whole time, I felt good, I had energy, I was like Superwoman. I wish I could feel like that for the rest of my life, that's how fantastic it was." Berry was 47-years old when she gave birth to her second child, son Maceo, in 2014.

Kelly Preston
After the heartbreaking loss of their son Jett at 16-year sold, actress Kelly Preston and husband actor John Travolta were thrilled when Preston delivered healthy baby Benjamin in 2010 - at the ripe young age of 48. Speaking on the Today Show shortly after the birth, Preston said, "I didn't (consider the risks). I just considered that it was difficult. I never thought that would be me at all. So I think we're just really happy that we're so fortunate."

Tina Fey
For everyone's favorite funny woman, Tina Fey, the decision to have another baby - Fey is mom to 5-year old Alice - wasn't an easy one. In her memoir Bossypants, Fey explained her trepidation about having another baby, writing, "Science shows that fertility and movie offers drop off steeply for women after 40." Fey gave birth to baby number two, daughter Penelope, at 41-years old August 10, 2011.

Celine Dion
After multiple rounds of IVF and one devastating miscarriage, singer Celine Dion was 42-years old when she gave birth to twin boys, Eddy and Nelson, in October 23, 2010. In an interview with US Weekly magazine, Dion candidly discussed her understandable fears about a healthy pregnancy stating, "My doctors had to constantly reassure me...each week I had sonograms. I heard their heart beats...It's stressful but I'm relaxing. I look at my little belly. I do almost nothing. If you tell me I have to stay in bed, I will stay in bed until November, when the babies are born. To bring them into the world, there's nothing more important that that. It's incredible."

Mariah Carey
One of the most anticipated births in 2011, 42-year old singer Mariah gave birth to twins, son Moroccan and daughter, Monroe in April of that year. About trying for a successful pregnancy after a miscarriage, Mariah said, "The main thing I did that was tough, was to go on progesterone like every month...and then when I was pregnant, I had to stay with the progesterone for 10 weeks. It minimizes the chance of miscarriage by 50%."

Jennifer Connelly
Jennifer was 40-years old when she and husband actor Paul Bettany added a daughter Agnes Lark born May 31, 2011 to their all-boy brood big brothers Kai, age 13 and Stellan, age 7.

Nicole Kidman
Kidman was 41-years old when she and husband country music singer/musician Keith Urban welcomed, daughter Sunday Rose Kidman-Urban born in 2008.

UPDATE: August 5, 2015 Jennifer and Justin get married, maybe a baby will be next!

No comments:

Post a Comment