Advertisement

Advertisement
THE MORNING SHOW | Presented by AppleTV+ The News Is Only Half The Story. | 8 Emmy Award Nominations

Saturday, February 27, 2016

[NEWS] Jennifer Garner Compares Her Split from Ben Affleck to Jennifer Aniston's Divorce from Brad Pitt

article by: Francesca Bacardi

E! ONLINE.com
"Apparently if your first name is 'JENNIFER' the first thing you do after splitting from one of Hollywood's hottest actors is doing a tell-all interview with Vanity Fair magazine pouring your heart out on your sleeve. At least, that's what actresses Jennifer Aniston and now Jennifer Garner have both done.

(2003) Best Lead Actress in a Comedy Series
(2003) Best Lead Actress in a Drama Series

Each were rising television stars married to equally successful film actors. Jennifer Aniston starred on NBC's sitcom 'Friends' while married to Brad Pitt, and Jennifer Garner starred on ABC's drama series 'Alias' while married to Ben Affleck. Each are America's sweethearts who've won Golden Globes for their television roles with equally attractive spouses who've been deemed People magazine's Sexiest Men Alive.

(2000) Brad Pitt - Sexiest Man Alive!
(2002) Ben Affleck - Sexiest Man Alive!

Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck have taken quite a few trips together since announcing their separation in 2015, so it's no wonder fans are anxiously awaiting their announcement that the split is off. Unfortunately, that probably won't be coming. 'The Miracles From Heaven' actress opens up about her marriage's demise in the pages of Vanity Fair's March 2016 issue - much like Jennifer Aniston did in the September 2005 issue of Vanity Fair.


Garner reveals:
"I'm just like everyone else in the that I read the celebrity news; I'm aware that people are waiting for me and Ben to get back together. When Jen Aniston and Brad Pitt broke-up I was dying to see something that said they were getting back together."


Weren't we all, Jennifer Garner. Weren't we all. But onwards he [Brad Pitt] moved with actress Angelina Jolie and she [Jennifer Aniston] with screenwriter/actor Justin Theroux. Despite their very amicable split. Jennifer Garner admits, "It's still hard, especially when it comes time to enjoy something I normally would have with Ben by my side. Given the circumstances, I've learned to adjust by returning to my roots. When the earth shakes you go to what you know from childhood. All of a sudden I'm sitting down at the piano. I went back to church. I sat down and wrote bad poetry all day because I was so sad. I needed a dance class; it reminded me of my fight scenes in 'Alias' and how I missed that." She continues, "I feel the need to be physical and I feel the need to punch someone. You know what I look forward to? I look forward to getting past the pity stage. I look forward to just having a sense of humor."

(2005) Brad & Jen: Why They Split
(2015) Ben & Jen: Why They Split

And a sense of humor she has, although Jennifer Garner might not realize it yet. The 'Alias' alum opens up about the idea of dating and jokes that she's a 'dinosaur' for wanting to be courted the old-fashioned way. "We were waiting for the bathroom at JetBlue," Garner explains, "and I was so floored. I had to remind myself that [getting asked out] was something that could happen. He said, 'Could I take you for a cup of coffee?' And I was like, 'No! You may not take me for a cup of coffee, sir.' And the I said, 'But thanks for asking.' "

(2005) Jen Breaks Her Silence
(2015) Inside Jen's Heartbreak

"I guess. I don't know. It's just that [from] everyone that I know that's dating is just seems, well...Men don't call anymore...I want flowers; I don't want to text. What does that make me? What kind of dinosaur and I?" Even though Jennifer Garner might not be thinking about other men just yet, she admitted that two divorces [Garner had previously divorced actor Scott Foley] weighs heavily on her considering how much she believes in the idea of matrimony. "I'm a pretty hard worker. It's one of the pains in my life that something I believe in so strongly I've completely failed at twice," she says. "You have to have two people to dance a marriage." Despite it all, Jennifer Garner looks forward to the future. "I definitely put a lot of time towards my marriage that I will now have for myself," she says. "I don't know how I will use that."

No comments:

Post a Comment