Advertisement

Advertisement
THE MORNING SHOW | Presented by AppleTV+ The News Is Only Half The Story. | 8 Emmy Award Nominations

Saturday, August 4, 2018

[NEWS] Jennifer Addresses Sexual Harassment and Sexism

article by: Molly McNearney

INSTYLE magazine
In her latest interview for the September issue of InStyle magazine the actresses tackles two difficult subjects such as sexually harassment and sexism. When asked if she's ever been sexually harassed in the workplace Aniston admits, "I've definitely had some sloppy moves made on me by other actors, and I handled it by walking way," but clarifies, "I've NEVER had anyone in a position of power make me feel uncomfortable and leverage that over me. In my personal experience I've been treated worse verbally and energetically by some women in this industry." When asked if she's every experience sexism in her career Aniston explains, "I've definitely had my fair share of sexism in the media." She goes on to elaborate, "Women are picked apart and pitted against one another based on looks and clothing and superficial stuff. When a couple breaks up in Hollywood, it's the woman who is scorned. The woman is left sad and alone. She's the failure. F that. When was the last time you read about a divorced childless man referred to as a spinster?" When asked about the Time's Up and #MeToo movement Aniston replies, "Yes, and it's [a hope for change] love overdue. But we also need to be better at listening to one another. That includes men. They need to be apart of this conversation. When everyone is mad and aggressive, people become too afraid to speak and there is no conversation. Same goes for politics. We need to include each other, to hear each other out. We can't stoop to the anger. Michelle Obama said it best: 'When they go low, we go high.' We should all be living by that if we want real progress."

No comments:

Post a Comment