Advertisement

Advertisement
THE MORNING SHOW | Presented by AppleTV+ The News Is Only Half The Story. | 8 Emmy Award Nominations

Friday, July 22, 2016

[NEWS] Jennifer's Most Inspiring Quotes About Empowerment & Self-Worth

Since the actress submitted her powerful essay to the Huffington Post she's been applauded since addressing the false pregnancy rumors. Not only did Jennifer explain that she wasn't pregnant, but she also expressed her dismay at how women are judged for their marital and maternal status.

The actress was quoted,
"We are complete with or without a mate, with or without a child. We get to decide for ourselves what is beautiful when it comes to our bodies. That decision is ours and ours alone." - (2016) Huffington Post

This isn't the first time Aniston has spoken out about empowerment and standing up for one's self. Check out some of her most insightful words on the issue below.

"I think once you figure out who you are and what you love about yourself, I think it all kind of falls into place." - (2004) interview with Diane Sawyer

(2005) Vanity Fair magazine: Jen Finally Talks!
"The women that inspire me are the ones who have careers and children; why would I want to limit myself? I've always wanted to have children, and I would NEVER give up that experience for a career. I want to have it all." - (2005) Vanity Fair magazine

(2010) The Switch premiere
"Women are realizing it more and more knowing that they don't have to settle with a man just to have a child. Times have changed and that is also what is amazing is that we do have so many options these days, as opposed to our parents' days when you can't have children because you have waited too long." - (2010) 'The Switch' press conference

(2011) People magazine: Jen's Most Revealing Interview Ever!
"I think people honestly just want to see me as a mom and married and barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen. And I just want to say, 'Everybody relax!' " - (2011) People magazine

(2013) Glamour magazine: Jennifer Aniston On Family, Her Fiance and Choosing Happiness
"You can undo a lot of things. If you're not happy, you can become happy. Happiness is a choice. That's the thing I really feel. Like with friends who refuse to get happy, who refuse to rise above the place where they're at." - (2013) Glamour magazine

"I don't like [the pressure] that people put on me, on women - that you've failed yourself as a female because you haven't procreated. I don't think it's fair. You may not have a child come out of your vagina, but that doesn't mean you aren't mothering - dogs, friends, friend's children." - (2014) Allure magazine

(2014) 'Cake' press conference
"As women, we do feel that we have to live up to an expectation whether it is on camera or going to the market or whatever it is. The truth of the matter is that that is not always the way it is. We don't always have our high heels on. We don't always have our hair and make-up on." - (2014) 'Cake' press conference

"I think it's always important to reflect anyway, no matter what age you're approaching or what milestone is in front of you. Reflection should be almost a daily thing if possible. Because I was never a 'where do you see yourself in five years' person. I had no idea, and I didn't have a checklist, which really creates a lot less stress in your life." - (2014) Associated Press

"When I was younger, I think I took a lot for granted and would beat myself up over things that were unnecessary. Now it's like, whatever state I'm in, whatever shape my body's in [works for me]. I think you just have to really appreciate that this is what's beautiful, this is you!" - (2015) Huffington Post

(2016) People magazine: Jennifer Aniston World's Most Beautiful Woman
"Inner confidence. Peace. Kindness. Honesty. A life well-lived. Taking on challenges and not feeling shame for things that haven't gone the way you felt they should have. And not feeling like a failure or allowing people to critique your life and make you feel like you've failed at something. That's just toxic noise." - (2016) People magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment