Advertisement

Advertisement
THE MORNING SHOW | Presented by AppleTV+ The News Is Only Half The Story. | 8 Emmy Award Nominations

Friday, November 18, 2016

[NEWS] Jennifer Explains Her Mother's Death, Strongly Worded Essay, and Those Baby Rumors

In the December issue of Marie Claire magazine Jennifer answers questions we've longed to know the answers to such as: "Did she spend any time with her mother during her final days?", "How did she feel regarding those pregnancy rumors?", "Why tell the world how she's feeling in a strongly worded essay?".

Nancy Dow pictured March 2016
On the topic of her mother Aniston said she spent the month of May caring for her dying mother in Los Angeles, California - an experience that she describes as: "Extraordinary, I was literally in her hospital bed with her, giving her morphine, cradling her like a baby. You know, it was a tough relationship. We had a tumultuous experience, but never did we not love each other, and I feel that we now deeper connection, having gone through that. It was such a beautiful full circle, taking care of her toward the end. Afterward, you kind of sit back and you go, 'Gosh, all of those silly fights, all of that wasted time, all of that stubborn behavior.' I learned so much about her after that broke my heart. She just wanted to be loved, but she didn't know how, what that looked like."

InTouch Weekly magazine: "Jen's Finally Pregnant!"
On the topic of the pregnancy rumors and having had enough, and why she chose to speak out now Aniston said, "You mean: Why did I pick this moment in time to cough up my 15 year-old hair ball?' I think I finally just got fed up", she said, "I was in a really raw place. My mom had just passed away, and we [Justin and Jennifer] had back from vacation and, all of the sudden, we had paparazzi on us like crazy." Aniston was still grieving when she and husband screenwriter/actor Justin Theroux returned from The Bahamas in July. The couple had no idea they'd been photographed and no idea of the heyday the tabloids were having with the pictures of Aniston in a bikini.

(2016) Jennifer and Justin Theroux at the 'Zoolander 2' premiere
"We [Justin and Jennifer] were on an island, and when I tell you I never saw one human being - I mean, it was really remote," says Jennifer, "And all of the sudden, when we got to New York we were hounded by this ridiculous amount of paparazzi, and they just day after day, increased. Eventually, I realized, 'that there was a magazine, and I was pregnant - for the umpteenth, bajillionth time'. They had a photograph of me with a circle around my abdomen and an arrow pointing to it that said "bump". "If I could add up over the past 15-years how many times that's happened to me...I just got sick of it."

(2004) Brad Pitt & Jennifer at the 'Troy' premiere
Aniston initially started writing the Op-Ed later submitted to the Huffington Post as a "carthartic meditation," but the essay quickly ballooned into a broader exploration of the scrutiny that all women in our society endure around our bodies and our relationship status. "I just thought, 'Why are women seen in this way?' My marital status has been shamed; my divorce status was shamed (Jennifer divorced film actor Brad Pitt back in 2005); my nipples have been shamed. I just thought: 'I have worked TOO hard in this life and this career to be whittled down to a sad, childless human."

No comments:

Post a Comment