Advertisement

Advertisement
THE MORNING SHOW | Presented by AppleTV+ The News Is Only Half The Story. | 8 Emmy Award Nominations

Friday, April 21, 2017

[NEWS] What Gave Jennifer "Total Peace" After Her Divorce from Brad Pitt

(2005) Jennifer on 'The Oprah Winfrey Show'
article by: Lisa Capretto

THE HUFFINGTON POST magazine
"If you followed the story in the media at the time, 2005 seemed to be a rough period for former 'Friends' star Jennifer Aniston. That year, she and film actor Brad Pitt got divorced, putting an end to one of Hollywood's all-time great power couples. Aniston's public break-up provided endless tabloid fodder, and people couldn't get enough of the salacious rumors surrounding the split. Though chaos appeared to swirl around her, a newly single Aniston appeared on 'The Oprah Winfrey Show' September 9, 2005 just a month before the divorce became final. As Aniston explained back then, she had a spiritual epiphany after a yoga session with a friend of hers. "We finished and we were sort of sitting there, stretching. And I looked over at her and I said, 'You know what? I have to say: 'I'm feeling a feeling I don't know if I've actually felt before. And that is that I don't want to be anywhere other than where I am right now,' " said Jennifer adding, "that means I'm not sitting somewhere dwelling on the past, or I'm not fretting or I'm not obsessing about something in the future. It was a feeling of total peace. This idea of living in the present," she continued," was a consistent them in various self-help books people had sent me. Yet I realized during that particular yoga session that no books could speed up the process of finding peace. You can read them [self-help books] and you can sort of intellectualize it, but the truth is, you sort of sit there going, 'Well, how do I DO that?' and you get frustrated. Then one day, you're sitting there with your friend doing yoga and you go, 'Oh, I get it!' ".

No comments:

Post a Comment