Advertisement

Advertisement
THE MORNING SHOW | Presented by AppleTV+ The News Is Only Half The Story. | 8 Emmy Award Nominations

Friday, May 12, 2017

[NEWS] The One Where Jennifer's Ex-Husband Brad, "Tells-All"

In 2005 it was his first ex-wife actress Jennifer Aniston, spilling her guts to Vanity Fair magazine regarding her divorce from her first husband film actor Brad Pitt, and letting the world know how hurt she was admitting, "Am I lonely? Upset? Confused? Yes. But I'm a tough cookie...I never in my life said: 'I don't want to have children.' I DID and I DO and I WILL!".

Years later, the tables have turned - and it's Brad who's pouring his heart out on his sleeve to GQ Men's magazine regarding his divorce from his second wife actress/director Angelina Jolie. Pitt admitted, "I can't remember a day since I got out of college when I wasn't boozing [drinking] or had a spliff [marijuana cigarette], or something. I stopped everything except boozing when I started my family. I'm really, really happy to be done with that [drinking and smoking pot]."

(2003) actress Courteney Cox & Jennifer
In her interview with Vanity Fair, Jennifer admitted to crashing on former Friends co-star actress Coureney Cox's couch during her divorce from Pitt. "I told Jen if she ever felt lonely all she had to do was pick up the phone ore come over," said Cox. "Jen came over quite often and stayed on our couch. After the first few weeks I told her she could stay in our guest bedroom instead."

(2008) Brad & director David Fincher
In his interview with GQ, Brad admitted to crashing on director David Fincher's place during his divorce from Jolie. "I went and stayed on a friend's floor, a little bungalow in Santa Monica, California. I crashed over here a little bit, my friend [David] Fincher lives right here. He's always going to have an open door for me, and I was doing a lot of stuff on the Westside, so I stayed at my friend's house on the floor for a month and a half".

In her interview with Vanity Fair, Jennifer said that she found a good therapist after her divorce from Pitt, "I strongly believe in therapy; I think it's an incredible tool in educating ones self on the self. I'm really proud of how I've conducted myself."

In his interview with GQ, Brad said that he sought the help of a therapist as well after his divorce from Jolie. "You know. I just started therapy. I love it, I love it. I went through two therapists to get to the right one."

(2004) Brad & Jennifer Aniston
In her interview with Vanity Fair, Jennifer explains her divorce from Pitt. "As I struggled with accepting our separation that I never wanted I found that the facts I had been told kept shifting like quicksand beneath my feet. What we said [she and Brad] was true - as far as I know. We sat down and wrote it [a handwritten personal letter to People magazine announcing their separation] together, very consciously, and afterwards we both felt very good about it. We both exited this relationship as beautifully as we entered it."

(2015) Angelina Jolie & Brad
In his interview with GQ, Brad explains his divorce from Jolie. "Even if the past six months hadn't happened I think it would have come knocking, no matter what. Family first. I try to put these things [the ideal mix of the best of what I had and what I feel I didn't have] in front of them [his kids], hoping they'll absorb it and that it will mean something to them later. Self-doubt and struggles hit me real quick in the face of our divorce: 'I gotta be more. I gotta be more for them. I have to show them. And I haven't been great at it' ". If anyone can make sense of it, we [he and Angelina] have to with great care and delicacy, building everything around that. There's obviously incredible grief, this is like a slow death, I think for everyone, for the kids, for me, absolutely. The first urge is to cling on. And then you've got a cliche: 'If you love someone, set them free.' Now I know what it means, by feeling it. It means a love without ownership. It means expecting nothing in return".

No comments:

Post a Comment