Advertisement

Advertisement
THE MORNING SHOW | Presented by AppleTV+ The News Is Only Half The Story. | 8 Emmy Award Nominations

Friday, September 29, 2017

[NEWS] Dolly Parton Works on Soundtrack for 'Dumplin' '

E! News reporter Jason Kennedy interviews country music singer Dolly Parton
The country music singer confirmed in a recent interview with E! News to reporter Jason Kennedy that she is in fact working on the film 'Dumplin' '. When Kennedy asks true or false are you getting ready to work with actress Jennifer Aniston in an upcoming movie? Parton replies, "Yes I am, she's produced and starring in a movie called 'Dumplin' ', and it was a best-selling book. In the book was a girl ['Dumplin'] the character was a Dolly fan who loved my music so it [the music] inspired the character in her life."

left to right: Jennifer and country music singer/actress Dolly Parton
Parton continues, "So of course they're using a lot of my music from the old days, and I'm working on a few new pieces as well as a theme song. So I'm working with Jennifer on that, and a soundtrack album, and so I'm excited about that." Kennedy asks when working with all these other celebrities during films if they ask her to be their mentor that they need her in their lives.

Jennifer named her white German shepherd dog after the country music singer
Parton replies, "Oh, I'm very touched when people have known me so long that I am an inspiration, but you really know when you've got a true fan with someone like Jennifer Aniston says, 'I named by dog 'Dolly Parton' ' she's got a dog and I say, 'Is that a compliment?' seriously I asked Jennifer the other day if she still has that dog named Dolly, and Jen said, 'Yeah she's only 7' or something like that and she calls it the whole thing Dolly Parton. So anyhow it always touches me to know that some of these people are fans and that I've touched them in whatever way I have and it makes me feel good."

No comments:

Post a Comment