Advertisement

Advertisement
THE MORNING SHOW | Presented by AppleTV+ The News Is Only Half The Story. | 8 Emmy Award Nominations

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

[NEWS] The One with 'The Rachel': Jennifer Talks Hair

article by: Samantha Lefave

REDBOOK magazine
"When you think of gorgeous hair that you wish you could replicate, you think Jennifer Aniston. She is a spokesperson for SEPHORA hair products and created her own line called 'Living Proof'. It just so happens that way, but after hearing how much she HATED the infamous 'Rachel' haircut because of how long it took to style, we were nervous. Why? Because though it sounds like Jen's low-maintenance when it comes to her hair, there's no what she really could be. Right? Wrong. The Friends alum recently revealed to Allure magazine that, while women around the world constantly dream of having Aniston-level hair in 15-minutes or less, she's actually doing it. Meaning, you can too. All you have to do is get a little dirty. Jennifer told Allure,

(2015) Allure magazine: Jennifer Aniston Hair Makeovers

"Yesterday it took me 15-minutes to get up, get my hair done, and go. I honestly just blow-dry it with my fingers around my hairline, and then I get the roots set, and then I'll let the rest of the hair air-dry."

Now, take what's missing in that explanation: A shower. Jennifer admitted,

"I'm very chill about washing my hair, and only shampoo every two of three days - longer if I can get away with it thanks to some help from dry shampoo."

Turns out that's a pretty smart strategy, too, according to dermatologists you don't need to suds up daily unless you have oily hair, live in a polluted city, or humid environment, or workout on a regular basis. But if your hairs is like Jen's - naturally wavy - and you want it to be straight, Jennifer says:

(2015) Jennifer Aniston and hairstylist Chris McMillan


"DONT' whip of the flat iron. Instead, keep the hair dryer in hand and pick up a big, round brush to style. I'll whip that out and get a really good arm workout at the same time."

Don't let this all lead you on to believe that Jennifer was always a professional when it came to styling her own hair. She admits that she needed some help in that department way back when she let longtime hairstylist Chris McMillan snip-away-and reveal 'The Rachel'.

(1994) Jennifer sporting 'The Rachel'

"Letting Chris cut my hair was just SO major. He was the first person to really give me a haircut, and he taught me how to actually take care of my hair. I admit it's the WORST thing to happen to my hair, but I don't REGRET it. It was great at the time, but it was a never-ending legacy for some reason. And it only lasted for about 6-months because it was just SO hard to do. I LOVED it, but I couldn't style it on my own. So Chris also just has that way of making me be completely reliant on him."

In other words, Jennifer is like the rest of us. While we may LOVE a certain style, sometimes there's just NO way we're going to keep it up. Live and learn."

No comments:

Post a Comment