Advertisement

Advertisement
THE MORNING SHOW | Presented by AppleTV+ The News Is Only Half The Story. | 8 Emmy Award Nominations

Friday, August 25, 2017

[NEWS] Jennifer Slams Body Shamers, "It's Just My Body"

article by: Julie Mazziotta

GLAMOUR magazine
"Apparently the press didn't get the memo when the actress submitted her powerfully worded essay to the Huffington Post a few years ago regarding body shaming, the ever swirling pregnancy rumors etc. regarding Jennifer's body. Now she's singing the same tune in a recent interview with Glamour magazine. "I am frustrated with the constant speculation over my body. I think the best one would be a picture of me with a hand over my stomach, saying 'Finally Pregnant!' ", she said. Aniston says the tabloid media judges her body harshly. "I mean, it's like they take a picture of you and create this story. If your body is in a normal moment of having bad a bite or two, or you're having a moment of bloat, then there's arrows circled around your stomach, telling you that you're pregnant," she explains adding, "and it's like, actually no, it's just my body." Aniston points out that it's more than just body shaming - these stories are an invasion of a private matter between her and her husband screenwriter/actor Justin Theroux. "Having a child, as we know, is no one's business except the couple or individual that's going through it," she says. Plus, Jennifer says that the constant question of whether she's pregnant or not is a fraught topic for her. "My ideas of what a happy life and fulfilled life are might be different from other people's. I think to each their own, she says, "nobody's right to judge someone else's choices. No one knows what's going on beyond the four walls of your home, of these people who are having or not having children. It's a very sensitive area to go to, especially. It's sensitive to me." Aniston says too much of Hollywood is focused on looks, and that affects younger people. "Right now, women's worth is being quantified by how they look and their social media accounts and how many likes they get," she says, "that's all so self-created, so why are we trying to add to that? It's hard enough to be a young woman, or man, growing up and trying to find your identity, rather than having a whole Internet of people weighing in on it. It makes me sad for those kids."

No comments:

Post a Comment